Most of the company's suburban Treien services will be transfered to HBTC and Treien Orbital Railway. It's contract with OBR expired in 2015, but it was accepted a renewal.
In March 2009, Deutsche Bahn (Great Northern previous operator) , FirstGroup, Nederlandse Spoorwegen and Royal Ostrobian Ltd. was picked in the first selection of bidding for the contract. FirstGroup and Royal Ostrobian backed out the first few rounds of bidding. In July 2009, the Great Northern contract was awarded to Nederlandse Spoorwegen with it's contract ending at July 2015.
During March 2011, OBR announced that it will cease operation of the Network North Eastern contract (once held by Royal Ostrobian under the name, Network North East) and will give it's Treien to Northern Ostrobia part to Nederlandse Spoorwegen Great Northern and its other services to Dardly Central and rural Northern Ostrobia routes to Atacom Transportation (Great Eastern) which ran the Great Eastern franchise. With the combination of the services, the old 2009 contract was terminated and a new 2011 contract was granted to Nederlandse Spoorwegen, under the name Greater Northen Franchise. Nederlandse Spoorwegen was not obliged to change its branding to reflect the change.
During the first contract agreement
- Improve station and ticketing facillities
- A text messaging service to keep passengers informed of any disruptions
- Mobile phone and printing facilities
- Introduce new trains (OBR Class 364) in the Maine Main Line to replace aging OBR Class 330's
- New automatic ticket barriers at every station
During the revisied contract agreement
- Introduce Free WiFi on trains
- Raise Public Preformance Measure
- Introduce weekday 6tph operating by Tenarite and Treien Hudston Bay
- Reduce carbon footprint emmisions
- $72 million of investment on station upgrades, focusing on Elementarron, Lebvlo and Tenarite.
During the second contract agreement
- Introduce delay repay
- New ticketing programs with offers for new\existing travellers
- Reintroduction of the 3 tph service from Treien Hudston Bay to Chaster Eld Tal and Newcastle Rock.
- $42 million investment on Brundton and Noley stations
- Increase capacity in the Tenarite - Treien Line
- Introduce Treien Hudston Bay to Thrusticle route via Bruthar Sergi Bromwin
- Introduce new trains in the Tenarite Maine Line (OBR Class 374)